Invisalign® Clear Teeth Straightening for Teens in Chesterfield
Beautiful straight teeth without metal braces
Invisalign is a modern approach to straightening teeth using a custom-made series of aligners. It is perfect for teens who do not want to feel self-conscious about wearing metal braces.
The aligners are made of a smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. When worn according to the recommendations of an experienced Invisalign provider, Invisalign Teen can be as effective as traditional braces.
Find out if Invisalign Teen is right for your teenager.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen for you and your teenager
Invisalign Teen offers many advantages, some of which are listed below.
- The clear aligners are almost invisible –hardly anyone will notice them.
- The aligners are removable so you can eat, floss and brush, or take them out on a special occasion
- Invisalign’s system makes it easy to keep your teeth clean
- The aligners are removable, so you can eat whatever you want, popcorn, apples, or carrots, for example.
- With Invisalign there are much fewer visits to the dentist, which is great for busy parents.
- If you lose your aligner Invisalign will replace up to six aligners for free
- There are no wires or rubber bands so there is far less irritation of the cheek and gums.
- The aligners are made from BPA-free plastic.
- The aligners are removable, you can play sports without worrying you’ll be hit in the mouth by the ball — with braces, that can do a lot of damage.
- You can remove your aligners to play musical instruments.
- Parents can see if you are wearing your aligners or not as there are blue indicators that fade with wear.
How Invisalign works
The first step is to plan the tooth movement. Dr. Kardaris then scans your teeth using her iTero 3D scanner. A digital map is made of your teeth and this digital impression is sent directly to the Invisalign lab for processing. With these images she send exact instructions on how she wants the teeth moved.
What is great is that you can view your treatment results virtually before you even get started!
Then Invisalign designs a series of custom, clear aligners that gradually move the teeth into position. You will then start your treatment with Dr. Kardaris. You wear the aligner for one or two weeks and change them. will need to see Dr. Kardaris every six to eight weeks, until the treatment goal of your beautiful smile is accomplished.
Dr. Kardaris does not finish the treatment until both you and she are happy with the result.
3D digital scanner for speedier service and greater comfort
Dr. Kardaris uses a high-tech iTero® digital scanner. An accurate scan is made of your mouth with a special scanning wand. This procedure is much more comfortable than having an impression made in a rubber like material in your mouth.
iTero and Invisalign
Once the scan is made it can be sent to the lab instantly by e-mail and the process of making your aligners can begin. With the scanner the time necessary to make the aligners can be cut in half!
Conditions Invisalign can fix
The Invisalign System is an alternative to braces for patients who have full adult dentition and complete jaw growth, and it is effective on a broad range of cases. Dr. Kardaris can determine if you are a good candidate during an initial exam.
Typical issues that Invisalign aligners can correct:
Crowded teeth can be difficult to clean the teeth properly. Lack of proper oral care can promote tooth decay and cause a higher risk of gum disease.
An overbite can cause excessive wear on the lower teeth, gum irritations and can also cause jaw problems.
This occurs when the bottom teeth protrude beyond the upper teeth and can interfere with the normal function of front teeth and molars, and can lead to jaw problems.
Gaps in Teeth
Gaps can cause teeth to shift into the empty spaces and become loose because the dental arch is not as secure. Food and bacteria are easily trapped in gaps and increase the risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
An open bite can interfere with chewing and can cause speech impairment and jaw problems.
This is a symptom of jaw misalignment, which can cause worn-down teeth, gum disease or both.
To make an appointment, call 636-449-0215 or click here to request an appointment online.